COVID-19 Safety Procedures & Testing
Briarvista Pediatrics takes the safety of our patients and staff very seriously. We are adapting our office procedures as-needed during the Covid-19 pandemic. Please read the details below before your next visit.
We offer both rapid antigen and rapid PCR testing in the office.
In order to keep our patients safest and lower the risk of any exposures, we have made the following changes to our schedule until further notice. We apologize for any inconveniences.
- Check-ups are now only scheduled early in the day. The last appointment is at 2:30pm.
- Sick patients will be scheduled at the end of they, unless being seen for a non-infectious reason or for a more urgent issue.
- Please text upon arrival for a sick visit, and you will stay in your car until a room is available.
- Air purifiers are running in every exam room throughout the day.
- Well-Check Wednesday evening clinic has been canceled until further notice.
- Weekend visits are limited to telemedicine
- Please do not bring siblings to an appointment unless there is absolutely no alternative.
- New patients must complete registration forms and developmental screenings before being offered an appointment time.
- Telemedicine visits will be offered throughout the day whenever possible, or at the end of the day if there are no other open appointment slots.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Sanitation Guidelines
All adults and children older than 4 years must wear a mask when inside our building at all times. Our (fully vaccinated) staff will also be in masks at all times. Masks should always cover both your nose and mouth.
- Children 2-4 years old should be encouraged to wear a mask.
- Please DO NOT remove your mask in the exam room.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. There may be an additional fee for masks.
- If you are wearing a mask with an exhalation valve, you will be asked to change to another style or cover the valve with another mask.
- Please use hand sanitizer or a sanitizing hand wipe when you enter the office
- Exam rooms, equipment, door knobs and light switches are sanitized between patients
- Our waiting room is closed. You will be immediately escorted to an exam room or asked to wait in your car.
- Our sign-in sheet, coloring pages, toys, and stickers have all been put away. Please bring your own toys if necessary. Feel free to ask for a sticker or prize at the end of the visit though!
- You may notice our air purifiers being used in the office, especially when sick patients must be seen indoors. Please don’t touch them!
We currently offer both rapid antigen and PCR testing.
- If the test is not covered by your insurance, or you are uninsured, the cash price is $100 for rapid antigen and $200 for PCR testing, when paid at the time of service or by credit card on file.
- Testing options will be reviewed in the office and performed as indicated for sick visits.
We will schedule both tests as a nurse-only visit for screening purposes in asymptomatic patients (for example, when needed for travel or to return to school after vacation). Negative results will ONLY be released via portal, you will not receive a phone call. Positive results require a same-day visit (can be telemedicine) to discuss next steps.
We will NOT clear patients to return to school, whether symptomatic or not, without testing. Please call to schedule a visit.
Vaccines and Flu Shots
- COVID Vaccines (including boosters) for 5y-11yo’s may be scheduled as nurse visits by calling our office.
COVID VACCINE FOR 6m – 4yo’s:Please visit our Facebook post HERE for sign-up information and links to sign-up online (established patients only)