We are proud to be one of the first private practices in the Atlanta area to offer in-office rapid antigen testing for SARS-COV2 via Quidel’s Sofia2 system. Testing is available for current patients only, on a case-by-case basis. If you are transferring care, records must be received before an appointment can be scheduled.
If the test is not covered by your insurance, or you are uninsured, the cash price is $100 when paid at the time of service or by credit card on file.
Because this is an antigen test and NOT a PCR, please keep in mind:
- The best result is on day 2 or 3 of symptoms.
- If asymptomatic, the best result is 7 or more days post exposure.
- This test cannot determine if someone has been exposed in the past and/or is immune.
- This test is not ideal to “rule out” infection in an asymptomatic patient prior to travel, camp, school, etc.
- A PCR test may still be sent out to a laboratory, depending on the situation.